07 December, 2012

Flex Frame Pouches

I don't have too many memories from my childhood, but I do remember  some vinyl flex frame pouches.  Usually used for keeping coins.
  
I was in love when I saw this little pouch made by Leila  and I had to make a  few. Leila wrote even a tutorial,  she pieced hexagons for her pouch - thank you for the inspiration! 

Here are mine - 3 sisters - 3 pouches!

The frame measures 3.5".  First I made the smallest one, then I thought that more space is better and I changed the measurements.  But the smallest one is the cutest! 

I don't know how are other frames,  but I need muscles to open mine!
 
If you need a gift for yesterday :), this is the one! A few scraps, a few stitches -  it can be done in 15-20 minutes!And it really worth the effort to piece a beautiful outer piece.

 
 
Have a great weekend,
Geta

I am linking to Finish it up Friday.

9 comments:

Kate said...

They're quite lovely, Geta, and are great gifts!

Elizabeth said...

Greta, those are so, so cute! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

xo -E

Mihaela said...

Great for eyeglasses pouches, too!

Silvia said...

The green one is my favorite. I remember mother had one by vinyl...

Maja said...

The green one is my favorite to, so cute!

bohemiannie! art said...

These are adorable. Where'd you get the hardware?

Patty K said...

These are wonderful. I remember them from childhood too. Where did you get the frames?

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

They turned out so lovely Geta!!
I have to make another, I lost my hexie one :(

Denise Russell said...

Awww... they are so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips