05 December, 2012

Paper Stars

Yesterday I played with glitter paper.
I made these stars, following this tutorial. 

Quick and easy ! The stars look great if you glue them on a window. And if you use semi-transparent paper, the pattern of the star looks even more complicated.

It is very easy to fold the 8 pieces.

Glue can be used to assemble the star. Since my paper was very thick, I stitched them together, using  invisible thread.

Here is the back of the star.
This star can be easily made out of fabric and then it could be appliqued on a background fabric.
A very easy and quick star block.

And the best tool to get rid of all the glitter from your clothes, desk or floor ? The lint roller!

Now to see where to hang them, I think they will become the favorite new toy of our two cats!

10 comments:

Can't Stop Stitchin said...

Thanks for posting Geta ! I love these... I was looking for something simple to do to pass out to friends that drop in this season and for bows on packages! This is IT! I think I will make up a basket of them :)
Thanks for the tutorial. With a little ribbon on top will hang nicely on the tree too!
Godspeed,
mary

Kate said...

Your stars are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the link.

pinsandneedles said...

Very pretty stars! Thanks for the link!

Terry said...

A beautiful project! Paper stars that look quilted, I love it.

InGa said...

Smart and simple.. :-)
Thanks for sharing.

Karenkay said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial....they look amazing!!

jojoebi said...

thank you for sharing my link! I never would have thought of using glitter paper, they look great.
I have just been having a look at your quilts, amazing work!

Susan said...

Those stars are so pretty - I can see them in fabric too as tree decorations. Thanks for the link.

Silvia said...

A very good idea...Thank you!

Olga said...

Замечательная идея! Получилось великолепно!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips