27 January, 2013

Teach Me - 8 - Blog Makeover


Months ago I decided that my blog needed an update and finally I made time to do it.
It looks now a little prettier but most important I hope the navigation is easier and my readers can easily find what they need.

If your blog needs a makeover too, here are a few links to useful tutorials.
The tutorials below apply to Blogger, if you have blogs hosted on other platforms, I am sorry I can’t help you.

First, you need to know:


Now let’s talk about IMAGES. You know what’s the saying: “A picture is worth thousand of words”; this applies to blogs too. So let’s learn about IMAGES.


Now that you know enough about IMAGES, use the space of your blog wiser.
Learn how to link multiple urls to one image - here it is an example:
This is a collage image made out of 3 pictures;
when you click on different areas, it takes you  to different pages.
Quick and easy quilt Tiltred Square - patchwork quilt tutorial Strip Quilt Quick and easy quilt Strip quilt Tilted Squares - Patchwork Quilt tutorial

Here is how to do it:
1. First, make a collage of your pictures. I use www.Picmonkey.com.
2. Then upload your picture-collage on  www.Photobucket.com; find its url.
3. Then follow this tutorial to map out your image - attach different links (pages) to different areas of your picture.

4. Once your picture is mapped out and you have the HTML code, all you have to do is to add it where you need it - on your side bar (as a HTML/Java script)  or in a blog post.

I used this technique to add content to my sidebar and to make the tutorial page.


Numbered Comments
I numbered my comments- if you host giveaways on your blog, you must do it too.
Here is a tutorial:

You might like these too:

How to make a “Grab a button” link back button

“Pin it” button Tutorial

I hope this helps.
Geta

12 comments:

SarahZ said...

So helpful...Thank you!!!!

Karen said...

Geta this is awesome information! Thank you so much !

Karen

Terry said...

Your blog looks lovely

Lynn said...

Some great stuff here and I plan to dig into it this afternoon and see if I can improve my blog. I know I have not backed it up so need to do that for sure. Thanks for your tips and links.

Mara said...

Great tips and info., I have pinned it!

SewCalGal said...

Love your new look. And thanks for all the tips too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mihaela said...

Great information!
Thank you, so much!

Jo said...

Great info. now to get a computer brain and I might just manage to follow the advice. Thanks again.

Leeanne said...

fabulous! Your blog looks lovely. I find all the info mind blowing, there is so much you can do.

Silvia said...

Thank you so much, useful informations. A must for my blog.

Gunilla.B said...

Thank you for the research you have made!

Michigan Loony Loomer said...

Thank you Geta. This is most helpful! God bless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips