I am disappointed by the bad pictures I took last night, but I like to have some "work in progress" pictures of our group quilt.
These are the pieces basted by me and my 3 sisters. As always- it is great to have sisters (and many!); I don't know what they love more: to help me or to baste hexagons!
You wouldn't say, but here there are almost 700 pieces.
...like these ones...
But now that I finished with them, I forgot the pain...
And these are Silvia's and Ela's pieces -meticulously basted. We had to individually cut fabric for each paper template and we tried to maintain consistent seam allowances; well, I was puzzled by their consistency! Compared to theirs, my pieces seam a joke!
The other 2 friends, Sanda and Mihaela, are basting regular hexagons for the background of the quilt and they do a great job!
I am happy that I had the chance to learn more about my skilled friends!
Now I have all the pieces for the center of the quilt- about 1200.
Tomorrow I will start to put the puzzle together.