16 April, 2013

Quilter's Favorites - 1 -

Quilter's Favorites will start in less than one month so I thought to share with you a quilting tip with every new post until May 10th.

I finished the quilting onto the flower sphere. For an 100'' quilt, the quilting was incredilbly easy. 
Which remind me the thing I think is the most important to a sewing machine used for quilting -  the space under the arm - the bigger the better.

I have an industrial machine I use only for free motion quilting;
the space under the arm is 10.25" (it's huge in comparison with
the 7'' I have on my domestic Pfaff).
The whole quilt is under the arm and there is still space for more.



I started the quilting onto the background - simple, there is enough complexity onto the sphere.


Happy Sewing,
Geta

Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

It really is looking so gorgeous, Geta! What a lot of quilting!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many think you have to "send" your quilts out to long arm quilters to do - it is nice seeing such wonderful quilting done by the quilter on a regular machine.

Kinga Izabella said...

Stunning! The Colors and the quilting too :)

pinsandneedles said...

Your quilting is amazing! Beautiful!

Mary L. said...

I couldn't be without my Juki. And I also use it for all my piecing. Makes the perfect straight stitch.

Alexandra said...

Amazing quilting!

Lynn said...

Your quilting really sets off the piecing without distracting from it. What a stunning quilt.

Ela said...

MI-NU-NAT!!!!!Ce efect are are!!BRAVOOO!

The Slow Quilter said...

Great quilt, and the space under the machine is great for quilting.

Vicki W said...

The quilt is looking beautiful!

Shar said...

Your quilting is amazing!

Silvia said...

WOW, I'm speachles!

Elsa said...

You do the most amazing quilting with your Jack ~ I'm completely impressed!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Greta! That quilt is SO amazing. I really love the neutrals in the border, and the colors in your hexie flowers are beautiful!

Since it is a group quilt, who, of the 9 of you, gets to keep it? If it would save some arguing between friends, you could just give it to me ;).

xo -E

SarahZ said...

It looks fantastic!

P&D said...

Wow. All free-motion. No quilt frame!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips